Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
I'm Back, and My AHS 2012 Bibliography Is Available
sp_BlogLink Read the original blog post
August 27, 2012
3:06 pm
First-Eater
Forum Posts: 2045
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I'm back!

First, I would like to thank everyone who attended my presentation at the 2012 Ancestral Health Symposium, "What Is Hunger, and Why Are We Hungry?" The crowd was both high-powered and appreciative of my work, the Q&A session was constructive, and I'm looking forward to discussing the facts I presented in greater detail. However, I don’t think it’s productive to open that discussion until the video is available.

Meanwhile, as promised by my slides, the bibliography for "What Is Hunger, and Why Are We Hungry? - J. Stanton" is available at this link.

I can't possibly enumerate everyone I met there—or…

August 27, 2012
3:37 pm
Halifax, UK
Gnoll
Forum Posts: 364

Heyyyyy! Welcome home!

Living in the Ice Age
http://livingintheiceage.pjgh.co.uk

August 27, 2012
4:02 pm
Beth@WeightMaven

JS, it was a real pleasure chatting with you! I'm looking forward to meeting again at future paleo-fests ;).

August 27, 2012
5:58 pm
Danny J Albers

Beautiful riding video J. You obviously find the same spiritualistic pleasure on your riding trails as I find on my running trails.

Something about the forests, hills and landscapes and only your own muscle to traverse it.

Thanks for sharing it.

August 27, 2012
7:21 pm
Anastasia

What a great riding tune too. Now I feel like dusting off the cobwebs on my bike. It was a pleasure to get to know you.

August 28, 2012
1:17 am
Jamie

JS... I hate you - for making me question why I ever sold my MTB. Between you posting videos and Dallas sending me pics, I feel the urge to go play in the dirt. Luckily I can get my speed fix on the roadie at least.

It was awesome hanging out, shooting the breeze, and chatting over dinner. Let's not leave it too long before we do it again.

August 28, 2012
1:41 am
Pauline

Good to see you writing again. When bloggers go hunter/gathering and sharing of information at these health symposiums tribal gatherings they are all greatly missed. Your voice of reason and sensibility is appreciated by those of us who love love love the science of it all, even the controversial science.

August 28, 2012
3:56 am
E.C.

Gorgeous video of what looks like a fun ride - I'm glad you shared it with us =)

I can't wait until my broken toe is mostly mended and my husband and I can go hiking again... (looks at toe and points to the video "Step it up toe, we have adventure waiting for us")

August 28, 2012
6:06 pm
Dr. Curmudgon Gee

just when i was getting depressed (summer is over, days are shorter), then both of you & Paul Jaminet are back. (i almost wept. XD). fun video.

(aka pam)

August 30, 2012
11:12 am
jennifer

YAY! welcome back!

September 1, 2012
7:57 pm
First-Eater

Paul, jennifer, Dr. Gee:

It's great to be back!

Beth:

Thank you for all your work at AHS.

Danny:

Absolutely.  I also hike and backpack, but the videos aren't nearly as interesting!

Anastasia:

Cobwebs on your bike?  You're doing it wrong! 😀  And the pleasure is mine.

Jamie:

If you ever make it to Tahoe, I can show you that ride.  (Among others.)  And as I said to Anastasia, the pleasure is mine.

Pauline:

I'm fine with controversy as a natural result of doing science -- opposing hypotheses can't both be correct in every aspect!  What I try to stay out of is controversy for its own sake.

E.C.:

It was a great day!  In that video I'm riding about as well and as quickly as I ever ride.

JS

September 2, 2012
12:37 pm
Carl

"The Knoll Credo" is now one of my favorite books.

Happy your back and looking forward to future posts.

I was thinking you would've had a parachute on that bike ride. Wicked close to that edge, lol.

September 7, 2012
4:26 pm
First-Eater

Carl:

Being close to the edge is part of the fun!  There are a couple places where you have to dismount and walk because of landslides...some of them are technically passable, but the penalty for failure is high enough that it's foolish to try.

I'm glad The Gnoll Credo spoke to you, and that I was able to share Gryka's life with you.  Help make more gnolls by telling your friends about it!  (The sticker offer still stands.)

JS

January 21, 2013
6:23 am
Indiana
Gnoll
Forum Posts: 37

Joyful-jumping-ferret-rally-dance!:

http://vimeo.com/channels/418298/57799336

January 29, 2013
2:41 am
First-Eater

E Craig:

Thanks for alerting me!  However, the above link is now dead.

Here's the update, with links to both the Youtube and Vimeo versions, the bibliography, and so on.

JS

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: 183

Currently Online:
5 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 1763

Members: 5336

Moderators: 0

Admins: 1