Welcome to gnolls.org!
(Just read The Gnoll Credo? Read this first.)
I cover a lot of ground here. Read my FAQ for an overview of the motivation and philosphy behind gnolls.org, look left for some starting points, or look below for an incomplete index to my articles, organized by topic. And I encourage questions and discussion about The Gnoll Credo: feel free to post them in the forum.
Live in freedom, live in beauty.
“Eat Like A Predator”: Paleo 101
Diet Myths Debunked
Diet Truths Discovered
- There Is Another Level Above “I’m Doing Fine”
- Dental Health And The Paleo Diet: Gingival Sulcus Depth, Periodontal Disease, Systemic Inflammation, and Some N=1 Data
- Dietary Protein 101: What Is Protein, And Why Do We Need To Eat It Every Day?
Why is protein so important?
- Why Are We Here, And What Are We Looking For? Food Associations And The Pitfalls Of The Search For Novelty
- What Are “Hydrolyzed Soy Protein” And “Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein,” And Why Are They In Everything?
- Your Whey Protein and Whey Isolate May Not Be Gluten-Free: Beware “Glutamine Peptides”
- Anti-Nutritionism, L-Canavanine, And The Limitations of N=1 Self-Experimentation
Many sources calling themselves ‘paleo’ are falling victim to this fallacy.
- Trans Fat Is Good For You, But Only If It’s From Meat and Butter: Vaccenic Acid and the Conjugated Linoleic Acids
- Better Health: It’s Less Complicated Than You Think
- Why Humans Crave Fat
This is one of my favorites: it explains how evolutionary pressures shaped us into fativores.
- The Science Behind The “Low Carb Flu”, and How To Regain Your Metabolic Flexibility
Why do some of us have so much trouble losing fat?
- Why Snack Food Is Addictive: The Grand Unified Theory of Snack Appeal
- Vegans Are Cannibals: The Truth Behind The “New Vegan High”
- Food Allergies and Food Intolerances Reveal The True Human Diet
- Eat More “Heart-Healthy” Trans Fats! (We hid them in plain sight)
No Such Thing As A “Calorie”
The concept of the “calorie”, as applied to nutrition, is an oversimplification so extreme as to be untrue in practice. Part 1 is an overview: parts 2 and beyond present peer-reviewed scientific proof.
Sugar Addiction, Bread Addiction, Carb Addiction
My three-part series on carbohydrate addiction:
Why Are We Hungry?
And just what is ‘hunger’? Probably my most important work.
The Lipid Hypothesis Has Failed
Note: this doesn’t count book signings, which are too frequent to list.
- Presentation at 2013 Ancestral Health Symposium, Atlanta, GA: “What Is Metabolic Flexibility, And Why Is It Important?” (bibliography) (8/2013)
- Interview: J. Stanton on the “Everyday Paleo Life and Fitness” Podcast with Jason Seib (5/2013)
- Interview: J. Stanton on Beverly Meyer’s Podcast “Primal Diet, Modern Health” (4/2013)
- ORD Camp 2013 (1/2013)
- Epipheos: Eating Like A Predator, and Why I Don’t Eat White Bread (11/2012)
Epipheo creates short cartoon visualizations of ideas: I narrated both of these.
- Presentation at 2012 Ancestral Health Symposium, Harvard Law School, Cambridge, MA: “What Is Hunger, and Why Are We Hungry?” (full video, bibliography) (8/2012)
- Interview with Richard Nikoley at “Free the Animal” (6/2012)
- ORD Camp 2012 (1/2012)
- The Mike Smyth Show, CKNW 980 Radio (6/2011)
- The "Latest In Paleo" Podcast, Episode 14 (4/2011)
- Real Food Is Not Fungible: How Commoditization Eliminates Nutrition, Impoverishes Farmers, and Destroys The Earth
- You Are A Radical, And So Am I: Paleo Reaches The Ominous “Stage 3″
Why is the paleo diet suddenly under attack? The explanation is simple.
- We Must Reclaim Human Health, Sustainability, Environmental Justice, And Morality From The Birdseed Brigade
- Extraction Vs. Prosperity, What Are Humans For?, and How To Help Save The Great Migration
The fundraiser is over, and we have succeeded: the highway has been stopped, for now. Thanks and congratulations to everyone who donated!
Definitions: What Is Paleo?
All recipes are my original creations, refined and tested over years.
On The Evolution of Intelligence
What changed us from small, chimplike forest dwellers to anatomically modern humans? And what does that tell us about the optimal human diet? A series in progress.
Exercise Is Important
…Even if it isn’t necessarily an effective weight loss tool.
for the forums, and to leave comments that link to your website
Register | Login